Shot gun stock extension

 



I got a new job to extend a shot gun stock 20mm. I don't have any walnut so it is made out of Mahogany. First  job is to attach, line up and drill holes to the  buttplate.  

Then I screwed it to the stock with the mahogany piece in between. To get the extension to fit I simply marked around, both the stock siden and the rump plate side. Then it was all sandpaper to get the right fit.  

 

 

I  put on three strokes of dye (Liberon Edwardian mahogany) before oiling it with Liberin Finishing oil. 


I also rubbed the stock with 00 steel wool, before applaying three layers with finishing oil. Remember to have a quick rub with steel wool between layers.


Three layers of Finishing oil.
 
 
The forestock is also in need of some care...


Finished, didn't match the colour of the plate too well, but the fit is perfect!


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to build a custom mahogany gun case? Some pics and tips from my vintage style shotgun case project. NB: A LOT OF THE PICTURES OF THE BUILD IS MISSING, I AM WORKING OUT WHAT HAPPENED...

Instrument case for birch bark lure/ Skrin til bjørkelur

Bardisken til Amund og Beate Irens bryllup